– 1 cup crushed tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped or julienned
– 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
– 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
– **Basic pizza dough, rolled out for 2 (12-inch) pizzas
In the bowl of a food processor, combine tomatoes, olive oil, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and process until smooth. Divide sauce between the 2 pizzas and smooth to spread evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the edges of the dough. Sprinkle basil leaves on top of sauce and then top with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Finally, divide mozzarella slices between 2 pizzas, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and the edges are golden brown.