– 3/4 pound angel hair, or similar pasta such as capellini or vermicelli
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
– 1 teaspoon white truffle oil (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Sauté until mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes. Add the truffle oil and heat about 1 minute. Pour over the drained pasta; stir well to combine. Taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.